Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
As per Hinduism it is believe that the entire universe is divided into different divisions. These divisions are known as “Loka”. Each loka is abode for different kinds of species. It is believe that the upper world are of 7 in numbers
1)Bhu-loka, the earth. –It is a division of universe where we live.
2)Bhuvar-loka, the space between the earth and the sun, the region of the Munis, Siddhas, demi-gods like yakshas, kinneras, kimpurushaas,gandharvaas live.
3)Swarg-loka, the abode of Indra, between the sun and the Dhruv Tara(polar star).
4) Mahar-loka, the usual abode of saints, who are supposed to be co-existent with Brahma.
5) Jana-loka, here the 7 manas putras of lord Brahma lives. They were Atri, Vasistha, Angirasa, Marichi, Bhrigu,Daksha, pulasthya.
6) Tapa-loka, where the deities called Vairagis reside. Here the Four first sons of brahma live. They were Sanata, Sanatana, Sanaka,Sananda
The tapaloka,janaloka and maharloka are collectively called MUNILOKA.
7) Satya-loka or Brahma-loka, is the abode of lord Brahma. It is a land of infinity where Lord Brahma and godess Saraswati live here. There is no concept of time in this loka. anddimension. Only infinity exist. Once the soul moves in this world then it will exempt from the trap of birth and rebirth.
The first three worlds are destroyed at the end of each kalpa(one day of Brahma); the last three at the end of his life(hundred of his years); the fourth loka is equally permanent, but is uninhabitable from heat at the time the first three are burning.
There is another school of thought which divides the upper world in 8 divisions instead of 7
1) Brahma-loka, the world of the superior deities;
2) Pitra-loka, that of the Pitris, Rishis, and Prajapatis;
3) Nakshatra loka, of the moon and Planets;
4) Indra-loka, of the inferior deities;
5) Gandharva-loka, of heavenly spirits;
6) Rakshasa-loka, of the Rakshasas;
7) Yaksha-loka, of the Yakshas;
8) Pisacha-loka, of the Pisachas
Now.below the earth there is a nether world of 7 kinds. This is a lower world
1)ATALA-It is a abode of “Mayasur”.He is an architect of demon.He was a father in law of Ravana
2)VITALA- The ganas of lord Shiva live here.
3)SUTALA- It is a abode of King BALI
4)TALATALA- it is a abode of 3 demon brothers (Tripurasurs)
5)MAHATALA- Here the children of Kadru live. They were snakes
6)RASSTALA- here the chidrenof DITI, called Daityas and the children of DANU, called daanavaas live. DITI and DANU were also wives of Kashyapa.
7)PAATALA-It is also a land of snake. Here lives the king of snakes,Vasuki