Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Curse to Lord Brahma

Once Vishnu and Brahmā approached a huge Shiva linga and set out to find it's beginning and end. Vishnu was appointed the end, and Brahma the beginning. Each took their journey, Vishnu took the form of a boar and began digging downwards into the earth while Brahma took on the shape of a swan began flying upwards. But neither could find their appointed destination. Vishnu, satisfied, came up to Shiva and bowed down to him . Brahmā did not give up so easily. As he was going up, he saw a ketki flower, dear to Shiva. His ego forced him to ask the flower to bear false witness of Brahmā's finding Shiva's beginning.Also during his return journey he found a cow. He force her also to gave false witness. When Brahmā told his tale, Shiva, the all-knowing, was angered by the former's ego. Shiva thus cursed him that no being in the three worlds will worship him. From that day flower of ketki is not offerd to shiva linga.Also Lord Shiva curse the cow that she will have to depend upon the rotten food in the kaliyuga

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I am so glad I found your site, I really found you by error, while I was searching on Aol for
something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would
just like to say many thanks for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to
look over it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also included
your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the great
job.